PDA

View Full Version : N.Y. Police Subpoenaed Twitter Over Show Threat

Police Abuse
08-08-2012, 02:41 PM
FDNY has used a subpoena to force Twitter to disclose information about the source of a tweet saying "people are gonna die" at the Broadway show starring Mike Tyson.

More... (http://www.officer.com/news/10757034/ny-police-subpoenaed-twitter-over-show-threat/news/10757034/ny-police-subpoenaed-twitter-over-show-threat)

jovan107
08-08-2012, 06:30 PM
I am happy that New York Police has used a subpoena to force twitter to disclose this information because what happened in Colorado should not be made light. The fact of the matter is there are crazy people in this world who are capable of doing anything at any given moment and for someone to tweet something so careless they should be investigated. I live in New Jersey and I wanted to see this show, but I was not aware of someone posting tweets over twitter. My friends and I are still going to go to this show regardless of what some fool chose to tweet.

Nicky2013
08-08-2012, 07:21 PM
So was this guy for real or what? Seems a lot of these jokers know these sorts of threats get the pot stirred up. So they just make them to be "sick-funny". Do we know his name? Or age or anything? Was this even a real account? Could've been a bot.

Esperahol
08-09-2012, 03:15 AM
Good job, if people want to make these kinds of "jokes" they can catch a baton to the head and hopefully it'll knock some sense into them. Personally I prefer these things be taken seriously before the event rather then after it.

nene57
08-09-2012, 03:55 AM
I am glad they did look into it. Often people look the other way when things like this happen. When someone does something horrible there is usually all sorts of clues.