PDA

View Full Version : Police Tape," a smartphone application from the ACLU

Police Abuse
07-05-2012, 12:31 AM
http://www.aclu-nj.org/news/2012/07/03/aclu-nj-releases-police-accountability-app

ShitcagoPd
07-09-2012, 09:32 PM
No smart phone here :(

Esperahol
07-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Of course thanks to that other case in - what California - the cops now have the right to dig through your phone. Which means they can disable this app if they realise it is working.

ShitcagoPd
07-15-2012, 09:05 PM
it uploads before they get a chance...you getting get 4g speed.....

themanikin
07-15-2012, 09:15 PM
i like this idea would at least make some think twice before getting their beat on

nene57
07-16-2012, 03:14 AM
I do like the idea of technology like this. It seems to benefit the average everyday citizen. It seems some law enforcement are only scared into not abusing someone if they think there could be consequences and eyes watching.

LiquidatorBrunt
07-20-2012, 04:49 PM
I just posted about this in another thread not realizing there already was a thread about this wonderful app. My only concern is that police will now over react and start confiscated any and all cellphones they see if they even suspect there is a chance they are being filmed.

Police Abuse
07-20-2012, 06:24 PM
I just posted about this in another thread not realizing there already was a thread about this wonderful app. My only concern is that police will now over react and start confiscated any and all cellphones they see if they even suspect there is a chance they are being filmed.

for that they will need a court order....

LiquidatorBrunt
07-21-2012, 03:54 PM
for that they will need a court order....

Right. But if the police followed the law and got court orders for everything the were supposed to there would be no need for a site like BadgeAbuse. Time will tell, but I suspect we will start hearing more reports of police taking or damaging phones "accidently."

Esperahol
07-23-2012, 04:12 AM
Right. But if the police followed the law and got court orders for everything the were supposed to there would be no need for a site like BadgeAbuse. Time will tell, but I suspect we will start hearing more reports of police taking or damaging phones "accidently."

What happens if you taser a smartphone I wonder?

difrancprod
07-26-2012, 08:33 AM
They really think of everything these days. There's an app for everything! Police officers should be more careful because they can't really tell when they are being filmed.

Mrs. Rogers
07-26-2012, 09:33 PM
I think it's a great idea, but wonder how you could possibly 'video' the police without looking extremely obvious. Just audio isn't going to help you out in a police brutality case I would suspect. To many 'what if's' are at play here without being able to see the person speaking at the time.