PDA

View Full Version : Jury being picked for Pittsburgh police beating lawsuit

Police Abuse
07-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Jury selection in the federal civil rights trial of three white police officers accused of beating and wrongfully arresting an 18-year-old black student at the city's performing arts high school appeared to be moving swiftly Monday.

Most of the jury questioning was conducted in U.S. District Judge Gary Lancaster's chambers. The judge had previously ordered that, indicating potential jurors would be more forthcoming when asked about their knowledge of the case and any racial or other biases they might hold if they were not asked such things in open court

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48198479/ns/local_news-pittsburgh_pa

ShitcagoPd
07-16-2012, 11:18 PM
HOLY SHIT ....I must say this is out of control....

JoshTheBoss
07-17-2012, 06:19 AM
HOLY SHIT ....I must say this is out of control....

That's what I was thinking! What is wrong with people?

Of course he was black and three white cops. Despicable.

nene57
07-17-2012, 04:32 PM
That just sounds all kinds of wrong. A student beaten by 3 officers. He was an art student it seems.

Esperahol
07-20-2012, 02:35 AM
Unless he was spray painting F- the cops in ten-foot-high letters I can't really see how he was causing a problem. Even if he was doing the aforementioned I can't see how they could justify jumping him like that.

LiquidatorBrunt
07-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Hopefully they get some decent people on the jury. My personal experiences with jury selection and everything I read leaves me with some doubts about if anyone actually get's judged by their peers in this country.

How dumb are these cops, the soda bottle looked like a gun?!