PDA

View Full Version : Did a cop ever go against expectations and be nice?

wickerbaskets
07-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Have you ever been pulled over or stopped by an officer and expected the cop to treat you like dirt, only to realize the cop is actually a nice guy?

Nicky2013
07-30-2012, 10:09 AM
I don't get stopped by cops often. I think only two times in my life. But both experiences were bad. The most recent was a redneck cop in Tennessee in 2008. Minute he found out I was from NYC, he started asking questions like "you're not one of those thugs are ya?" I really didn't get angry because I'm thinking. I'll be flying back to NYC tomorrow, and you'll be stuck here at age 50+ living in Chattanooga Tenn, handing out speeding tickets to tweakers.

jovan107
08-07-2012, 06:51 PM
I was stopped a month ago and the officer that pulled me over was nice. I was shocked and the best part was he never bothered to give me a ticket for running a stop sign. I didn't see nor realized there was a stop sign at that corner, and I told him that and he let me off with a warning.

adamnawroc
08-08-2012, 08:42 AM
I've noticed that the nice cops are the ones that don't say much. They simply fill out the ticket and let you on your way.

LiquidatorBrunt
08-09-2012, 05:01 PM
I was stopped once for speeding riding my motorcycle across Montana. The cop was nice enough. He had me fair and square but wrote a pretty easy twenty dollar ticket that didn't go on my record instead. The annoying part was he wanted to sit there on the side of the road and talk about motorcycles and I just wanted to keep get going!

Nicky2013
08-09-2012, 07:05 PM
I've noticed that the nice cops are the ones that don't say much. They simply fill out the ticket and let you on your way.

That's the way it should be though. They pull you over, ask for license and registration. Tell you your infraction. Let you give an explanation. And decide to ticket you or not. Anything outside of that isn't really their job.

Black Fire
08-20-2012, 03:19 AM
Yeah, one time when i was speeding in a school zone (I was in a hurry to pick my dad up from somewhere, and he was mad at me for being late), a cop pulled me over. I thought I was going to be in big trouble because it was the first time I ever got caught for speeding, but luckily, because of my clean record, the officer just gave me a warning and just talked to me (really nicely) about why I shouldn't speed. He was really nice, and I actually listened to him...for a while, haha.