ShitcagoPd
06-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Not as many as you would think.;)

DowNut
06-09-2012, 04:03 PM
holy shit that's alot

Police Abuse
06-09-2012, 09:42 PM
wonder how much they make a day from them?

ShitcagoPd
06-09-2012, 10:42 PM
I had 1 for 105 bux :I

Sugarhill
06-14-2012, 01:39 PM
I don't mind the red light cameras as I've gotten used to them and I normally stop for lights and stop signs. What I don't like are the speed cameras. It completely throws off the morning commutes and I think they cause more issues than they are supposed to prevent.

KNH
06-14-2012, 10:48 PM
Are there speed vans there too? I got caught by a van. I was going 43 in a 25...late to a hair appointment ;)
That is a lot of cameras. I don't mind the ones at stoplights, as in my state they are required to have those dips in the road as a warning, so when I pass over one of those I slam on the brakes just in case...:D

Police Abuse
06-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Are there speed vans there too? I got caught by a van. I was going 43 in a 25...late to a hair appointment ;)
That is a lot of cameras. I don't mind the ones at stoplights, as in my state they are required to have those dips in the road as a warning, so when I pass over one of those I slam on the brakes just in case...:D

There are in Washington DC (cars) parked on the side of 295:mad:

Sugarhill
06-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Well, I've done some driving around in NYC and unless I just couldn't figure them out, at least in Montgomery County, MD, you can tell where they are and can see the cameras. You do have a chance to limit the amount of tickets that you would accumulate in MD.

KNH
06-15-2012, 07:12 PM
There are in Washington DC (cars) parked on the side of 295:mad:

Oh that's right! Some of my family members live there and my aunt has gotten a few tickets from those LOL. Now they have been there long enough to know the exact spots so she slams on her brakes at the right time and doesn't get tickets anymore :)

Sugarhill
06-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Every Sunday morning the State Troopers sit right in front of an exit that turns off for a really popular church in Clinton, MD. I'm sure they get most of the month's quotas right there every week.

classy_ally
06-16-2012, 02:58 AM
I absolutely hate those damn things! They make me paranoid. In my city they are everywhere. My mother tried to fight a red light ticket and lost. They charged her an additional $75 for losing!! What?! Seriously? I heard in one city, people have not paid those tickets for years. They stopped using the cameras.

KNH
06-16-2012, 06:00 PM
$75 for losing? That is outrageous! I saw a story on the news about a guy who has gotten 56 red light camera tickets over the past 8 years and hasn't paid a single one!

classy_ally
06-17-2012, 03:01 AM
$75 for losing? That is outrageous! I saw a story on the news about a guy who has gotten 56 red light camera tickets over the past 8 years and hasn't paid a single one!

And he shouldn't. It just goes to show that the lights are ineffective. I understand the camera at toll booths for people that run those, but lights are ridiculous. Just like the death penalty, it does stop anything.:p

Sugarhill
06-20-2012, 04:09 AM
Was she charged the $75 for the court fees? If you win your case, you don't have to pay, but if you do, then you pay the ticket and possibly court fees.

kbrock1
06-21-2012, 09:20 PM
I know everywhere we go in Kansas city these cameras are everywhere. I do not like living in the city and we are fixing to go back to rural Missouri where you have one flashing light in town in the only intersection.

KNH
06-22-2012, 12:27 AM
And he shouldn't. It just goes to show that the lights are ineffective.

Absolutely! Here in New Mexico all of those damn things are apparently not active anymore. I still slam on the brakes when I notice one though... :p

MercyL
06-26-2012, 06:47 PM
I have never been ticketed from a red light camera. I try to avoid them, just like I try to avoid school zones.

The last traffic ticket I got, and I usually get one once a decade, was generated from one of those vans.

It was expensive, but I did not lose points. In our state, tickets generated from vans cannot include point loss. The only time you can lose points is if a cop actually writes the ticket.

Do you lose points, too, if you get a ticket generated from a van or red light cameras in your state or do you just draw a fine?

JoshTheBoss
07-21-2012, 01:30 PM
I absolutely hate those damn things! They make me paranoid. In my city they are everywhere. My mother tried to fight a red light ticket and lost. They charged her an additional $75 for losing!! What?! Seriously? I heard in one city, people have not paid those tickets for years. They stopped using the cameras.

The joke is, even if you "win", you still pay court fees. You lose no matter what. It's a bullshit money scam as always. In my city, they are new and programmed horribly. I've been STOPPED at a red light, NO ONE else around, and the thing starts taking 2 or 3 pictures. One time I took a U-turn and one almost blinded me with the flash. Shit is STUPID. What's next? Cameras that check if your pants are saggy?

Nicky2013
08-05-2012, 01:57 AM
Red Light cameras are a no win scenario. People in NYC for example speed up when the light turns yellow so they can beat the approaching red light. So you'd definitely get caught on the camera and have to pay a fine in NYC. Mostly because Yellow means slow down. But when you know the red light is coming. Why not try and beat it?

LiquidatorBrunt
08-06-2012, 01:17 PM
It's been shown that red light cameras actually increase accidents. They only reduce side impact collisions. People slamming on their brakes trying to avoid a ticket cause a huge increase in rear end collisions. Some places have actually been caught reducing the yellow light time in order to increase red light ticket revenue. Yes, it is a scam through and through.

Nicky2013
08-10-2012, 11:43 PM
I'd like to know where all the ticket money goes. It's obviously not fixing the schools here in New York City. The roads and buildings have gotten better. But the schools still blow.