PDA

View Full Version : Police to city: 'Enter Detroit at own risk'

ShitcagoPd
10-11-2012, 04:24 PM
My Fox Detroit DETROIT, Mich. — The Detroit Tigers won game one of their division series against the A's on Saturday. As fans poured into Comerica Park, they were greeted by about 400 off-duty Detroit police officers with a political message.
Officers handed out fliers saying when you come to Detroit you "enter at your own risk." They also urged people to vote yes on Proposal 2.
"We're not discouraging people from coming, I love the city, I want them to realize we don't have enough man hours," said union president Joe Duncan. "I don't think the city is going to get same officer 8 hours a day as you do for 12 hours a day."
Detroit police officers are working long hours. They're now required to pull 12-hour shifts in an effort to get more police officers on the streets. The schedule can be grueling. The long hours are not earning the officers any more money, their pay was also cut.
Despite the warning, fans we talked to said they feel safe in the city.
Reprinted with permission from My Fox Detroit

More... (http://www.policeone.com/police-jobs-and-careers/articles/6006905-Police-to-city-Enter-Detroit-at-own-risk)