06-03-2012, 06:54 PM
I did at a rest stop In Ill.....boy what a DEAL that was:p

KNH
06-14-2012, 10:49 PM
Wow! What happened?

Police Abuse
06-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Wow! What happened?

They walked the dog around my car when I was in the restroom, when I came out they asked to have a word or 2 with me...

classy_ally
06-16-2012, 03:05 AM
Those K-9 are nothing to play with. It's all well and good on TV when they chase the bad guy and have him screaming. But it's a different story when it happens to you. I hope never experience that.

vrexill
06-16-2012, 03:24 PM
When I was a kid my dad was talking to a friend who was a cop and I was teasing the dog it almost bit my hand off O_O

Sugarhill
06-16-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm afraid of regular dogs, so I already know if they pull out a K9, they will get everything they want out of me: tears, respect, information that I don't have, but will sound really good when I spill it and nothing but "yes, sirs." So, I'm really hoping that I don't have to meet one, because I'll hate myself for a long time after doing all of that.

dmeagher
06-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Were you carrying any drugs haha?

KNH
06-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Those dogs are trained so well and scare the crap out of me! I love dogs but those are trained to be so unfriendly! They are so smart too!

classy_ally
06-17-2012, 02:55 AM
Those police dogs are vicious and then the cops can take them home with their families. I saw a show on A&E or TLC about a K-9 unit. One of the officers said he and the dog had a love/hate relationship. I love him and he hates me! LOL!! I loved that show. I don't know if it still comes on.

Esperahol
06-26-2012, 03:10 AM
Sure, I use to work in a county morgue and sometimes we'd have one around following the drop-off of a body or two especially if it was in advance decomposition. They're professional little critters, but there isn't anything wrong with them. Kind of like dogs for those with disability in that the handler has to let them know it's okay to stand down. My favorite was Sheba who happened to be a complete mutt although she made up for that by being a real genius.

bauss
07-11-2012, 04:49 PM
I never ran into one, but it's crazy that you did. I can't even lie, I would be pretty scared of that dog. I'm scared of a few big dogs already, but I would fight back if they sent a K-9 at me.

themanikin
07-15-2012, 09:28 PM
if they send a dog after you and you shoot the dog its considered murdering a police officer. there was a case like that a few years ago with a police horse and it set legal precedent so beware

JoshTheBoss
07-16-2012, 10:21 AM
It's not fun at all! Dogs are supposed to be man's best friend, not man's-butt-about-to-get-chewed-out-....friend.

They release the dogs when they are trained to bite, what is up with that??

JoshTheBoss
07-16-2012, 10:21 AM
if they send a dog after you and you shoot the dog its considered murdering a police officer. there was a case like that a few years ago with a police horse and it set legal precedent so beware

This is correct in the eyes of the law

. It's not the same in my opinion, though...

Black Fire
08-20-2012, 03:29 AM
Nope, I've never encountered a K-9 officer before, but I've watched one training/exercising his German shepherd in a field. It was pretty cool how the dog would listen from really far away. I have a dog, and he's not nearly as obedient haha. I want to get a German shepherd one day, since they're my favorite breed of dog.