PDA

View Full Version : Drones, are you for or against and why?

artifactsofmars
06-23-2012, 03:49 PM
What types of abuse can we expect from these aerial drones that the police are using all over the country now, spying on people? If you support these drones or oppose them let's see it here. I am opposed to them because I think that what was left of our privacy is now gone.

Melnun
06-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Against all the way. As you mentioned what ever happened to privacy??? Jeez. Since they are such a breach of privacy do you know how they became legal in the first place? Id love to know...

bauss
07-12-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm against drones as well, I like my privacy and I definitely don't want any drones hovering above my house. Where are drones legal? I never knew police drones existed until I checked this thread.

Police Abuse
07-12-2012, 05:17 PM
yeah.....fuck that....we dont need them...

LiquidatorBrunt
07-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Maybe they'll equip them with infrared cameras and spy on you that way. Looking for those "dangerous" marijuana growers of course.

bigal3
07-18-2012, 05:46 AM
It seems George Orwell had it correct in his book "1984" when he predicted the demise of personal privacy. It seems the U.S. and Great Britain are leading the way to destroy privacy in the human race. The U.K. from what I understand from my English friends is leading the way in the "Big Brother" is watching you situation with cameras and listening devices all over the U.K.
The U.S. is running a close second from what I have been able to research. Eventually the whole civilized world will be covered with cameras in effect destroying any chance of a personal privacy.

I can understand using them for certain applications like street intersections, commercial stores and banks, hospitals and other critical areas like airports, train and bus stations. However I also feel the use of cameras and other recording devices can be abused by authorities so therefore it is my humble opinion new guidelines need to be developed for the use of such devices that maintain the public's right to privacy and yet still aids law enforcement and other public officials. It is a delicate balance that must be kept to insure civil rights are not violated and the public is protected.

adamnawroc
07-26-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm against drones as well, I like my privacy and I definitely don't want any drones hovering above my house. Where are drones legal? I never knew police drones existed until I checked this thread.

Same here and I'd like to know more. Does anyone have a good book on drones they could recommend? I'd specifically want it to at least have a section about the privacy issues involved.

Nicky2013
09-06-2012, 03:44 PM
I am all for drones being used in the war on terror. But NOT for them spying on U.S. citizens transformers style. Popping up in people's windows, lawns, and the like. But I think they're ok to be used in organized crime circles. Spying on big syndicate bosses and stuff. But this kind of power corrupts, and before you know it...they'll be using them to spy on not-so-perfect moms and people who have less than stellar driving records.