PDA

View Full Version : What major American city has the most corrupt police force?

Nicky2013
08-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Of all the major U.S. cities like New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, etc. Which major city do you think has the most corrupt police force? Another city? Or is your city the worst? I think the L.A.P.D. are the most corrupt. Followed closely by N.Y.P.D. and Las Vegas P.D.

Police Abuse
08-04-2012, 10:58 PM
I would say New York....

police brutality
08-04-2012, 11:08 PM
1 New York
2 LA
3 Chicago

Nicky2013
08-05-2012, 12:16 AM
I put L.A.P.D. above NYPD in my original post because of the Rodney King incident. That just became a huge story and led to another huge story. The riots. The NYPD has had things caught on tape and huge scandals. But they never reached the level that Rodney King did. Rodney King had a domino effect on one major american city for months on end. And even now 15 years later people still talk about those riots.

LiquidatorBrunt
08-06-2012, 03:29 PM
New York. They managed to get that crazy "stop and frisk" policy instituted. They basically have a blank check to harass whoever the want for no good reason.

jovan107
08-06-2012, 07:23 PM
I would have to say New York is the most corrupt police force in America. LAPD and NEWARK PD are second and third. I understand the effects the riots has had on Los Angeles, but so many things occur in New York in regards to the NYPD that goes unreported by the media.

Nicky2013
08-07-2012, 09:55 AM
I would have to say New York is the most corrupt police force in America. LAPD and NEWARK PD are second and third. I understand the effects the riots has had on Los Angeles, but so many things occur in New York in regards to the NYPD that goes unreported by the media.

That's true. Like when Bernard Kerrik was in charge. And the media broke that news scandal about him using rent controlled apartments for nefarious activities. Some of his officers were involved as well. But the NYPD culture of corruption will always go mostly unreported because the folks in New York would rather be "safe" than ruffle feathers. Plus a lot of people are married to or friends with or related to NYPD officers. So you know how that goes.

taskeinc
08-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Historically, cities like New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago have had the most cases of corruption on the police force. I came across an interesting article, it's called "The Top 5 Most Corrupt U.S. Police Officers of All Time (http://newsone.com/1551885/top-5-corrupt-police-officers/)."

On the list are 2 former Chicago cops, 1 from LA, 1 from NY, and 1 from New Orleans. These were corrupt cops who were dealing drugs, working for the mob, and torturing minorities. A corrupt cop takes evil to another level because not only is he not upholding the law, but he is breaking the law in extremely violent and furtive ways.

Nicky2013
08-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Cops working for the mob in NYC and Chicago is no surprise. That's been going on for awhile. Oddly enough though. Lots of minority cops in L.A. were on the payroll of gangs like the Crips, Bloods, etc. They'd even do security for major gang leaders sometimes. Which is why I think in L.A, the Biggie/Tupac murders were never and will never be solved. New Orleans problem with police corruption was revealed to the public during hurricane Katrina, when cops were just shooting people dead in some cases.

Esperahol
08-09-2012, 03:14 AM
LA is most corrupt because they have a habit of accidently on purpose murdering people or attacking them or doing a number of other unfortunate activities with little concern for the health or life of others.

NYC comes next because they have been given much too much power by folks like Guliani.

The last would be the in ATL because screw those guys.

nene57
08-09-2012, 04:05 AM
I think many people would vote for LA. It's not only the beating that are caught on film. It's also stories from people who have lived there. It seems the corruption run deep.

Nicky2013
08-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Guiliani gave the NYPD powers that the next mayor, Bloomberg refused to reign in. Any mayor can expand the powers of the police. But the next one in line, it's up to them to reign those powers in when things become abusive and crazy. Obviously, Bloomy's part of town is crime free so he really doesn't care all too much that cops are thumping around ricans and blacks in Brooklyn, Queens, or anywhere else.