PDA

View Full Version : ACLU defending KKK in Georgia

Esperahol
06-27-2012, 02:30 AM
In a move that might have been made sololy to remind people why folks hate them, the ACLU has decided to represent some KKK members in Ga who were denied the right to Adopt a stretch of highway several miles away from where they live and are quartered. The story (http://www.ajc.com/news/aclu-to-represent-kkk-1465042.html).

Now, I understand the ACLU is all about civil rights and whatnot, but as a black female I ain't cool with the clan wanting to "own" stretches of highway just because. Moreover who has a greater claim to rights infridged upon in this case - the folks who live there and don't want the clan about or the KKK? Honestly.

bauss
07-12-2012, 04:37 PM
It would be ridiculous if they allow them to adopt a stretch of the highway, they are basically saying black people aren't allowed to drive in that area if this happens.

Police Abuse
07-12-2012, 07:33 PM
yeah they need to get a clue, its 2012

bigal3
07-14-2012, 05:30 AM
You would think in the year 2012 that sort of thing would have disappeared in America. In fact racism world wide should have been rendered extinct. What's up with we humans? Why can't we all just get along?

nene57
07-16-2012, 03:18 AM
It's unfortunate they some people still think like this. Sadly that group probably has more silent members. Some people just choose to leave their sheets at home on their beds, though their hearts still harbor the same ugly thoughts as the KKK. I understand wanting to protect people's rights. However I am troubled by their thoughts and desires if they have their way. I also doubt they would want any people of color anywhere near their "adopted" stretch.

Nicky2013
07-26-2012, 06:17 PM
In a state like Georgia, I bet the KKK will probably win this battle. Atlanta is the only part of Georgia you can call normal really. People in Georgia resent Atlanta to a degree because a lot of its residents are black or Latino. But when you look at the writing on the wall. Atlanta has a freeway that goes right into New York. And it has the largest airport in the entire state that comes with an underground tram, and shopping centers and food courts above. Obviously, it's been "annointed" by the powers that be as the Gem of Georgia. Whether some folks like it or not.