PDA

View Full Version : Police Abuse in Foreign Countries!

jovan107
08-06-2012, 05:15 PM
I grew up in Guyana, South America and police abuse was very common and widespread. Most times police officers would harass people to receive a money or items for free. I have seen police torture people who were innocent and even dragged a few of those people until they died. Are any of you aware of police abuse in foreign countries and have you witnessed this?

Jatelo2
08-06-2012, 07:12 PM
There is police brutality in some African Countries that would simply make the brutality in America a joke. Some countries are actually governed by police and they are even used by powerful politicians to harass opponents

jovan107
08-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Jatelo2, I agree. I think some police officers use their authority to kill and harass innocent people and its not right, no matter where in the world it occurs. Sometimes I wonder if these police officers realize they're human first before putting on their uniforms.

LiquidatorBrunt
08-08-2012, 12:22 PM
No doubt about it, police abuse is a worldwide problem. Sadly, we can hardly stop it in our own backyards here in America, it seems impossible to do the same in foreign countries.

Nicky2013
08-13-2012, 09:53 AM
In Latin America it's pretty bad. But I think Russia is the worst. Not only is there police abuse! Particularly towards African and Asian immigrants. But the cops don't even investigate a lot of murders that take place in Russia unless the person murdered is Kremlin connected, an important business person, or one of the ultra wealthy. If you're just regular Russian Joe Schmoe, your death will most likely just happen. Be reported, but never investigated to the point of an arrest.