Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Don't cuss out a cop

I used to work at a local mall, Marketplace Mall to be exact. It was common to see shoplifting suspects being brought down from out in the mall for questioning. One night, and it was a classic cop scenario, some black guy was brought into the security office. I was in the break room beside the office when I heard the cop, and the suspect, arguing. It got loud and vocal and then I heard a thud so loud that I thought the wall was going to explode.
    Later what I was told was that the cop, a white deputy from Monroe county NY, had responded to the suspect after he said something like "I know you. You're not so tough". What I heard was that the deputy had whacked the suspect's head with a baton, cracking it open and leaving him bleeding. They let the suspect leave. There were mall security people present and no one said anything apparently.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to artifactsofmars For This Useful Post:

Police Abuse (07-10-2012)

Thanks
    they also need to watch out after something like that.
    Police Abuse
    ©Badge Abuse Police Abuse

Thanks
    There are certain procedures to be used in situations like this and one of those is not to antagonize the guy who could see you into the nearest jail cell or beat you up for resisting or who has witnesses to say you started the altercation. You never step out of line and you always react like the grownup so that you never lose the moral high ground which is pretty important when trying to beat a rap.

Thanks
    im fairly certain beating a black guy with a stick is standard police procedure lol

Thanks
    The officer probably enjoyed hitting the guy. What is sad is that many get to be so jaded. They react and overreact to situations where they would not want the same done to a family member or spouse. It is best to go along.

Thanks
    I'd never be dumb enough to curse out a cop. Not to their faces atleast.;D

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky2013 View Post
    I'd never be dumb enough to curse out a cop. Not to their faces atleast.;D
    No, the smart thing to do is to save that for your boys or for the good folks online. I mean as this guy shows, opening your mouth at the wrong time gets you a busted head.

Thanks
    Yeah but once you get into your car he can't really hear what you're saying. Especially in New York City where I live. There's so much noise all around you. The cop would have to be a werewolf to hear what you're saying about him if he's at his car, and you're not screaming it from the top of your lungs.

Thanks
    Wow that's crazy. I can't imagine what it must feel like to just be completely beaten up by a cop. Usually there are no repercussions and no one to go to for help. You can't call the police on the police.

Thanks
    Which is why the best thing you can do is put them out there for public consumption. Public outrage always gets the wheels moving on most things. There are a lot of rapes in small towns that go un-avenged. But once some video gets outside the small town limits, and CNN and the others start giving it traction. Then you see buts moving to actually do something.