Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Cops turning on their lights then going through intersection

This is another thing that I have personally witnessed. I will see a cop car, not on a run, turn their emergency lights on right before going through an intersection, then turn them off. I mean they do this just to go through a red light or stop light. Is there not a law to keep them from doing this? It is ridiculous and dangerous.

Thanks
    I see this happen often where I live too. I know not all of them are emergency calls. Some are because their s/o called them or they don't want to wait for the light to change. I am sure there are some rules and procedures. However, unless they run someone over or commit some other crime, they won't really be called to task for it.

Thanks
    That's about what I figured. This thing that frosts me is that if they cause an accident doing this, you get in trouble, not the cop. I would love to get some laws going on this type of thing and get it changed.
    I kind of figured that the cops are basically just too lazy to stop many times and do this so they can keep on going.

Thanks
    The police (I speak for most, obviously not all) tend to think that just because they "uphold" the law, that they then have discretion as to what laws they follow for themselves.

It's funny to me. Either you enforce ALL laws, including ones on yourself, or you don't enforce them at all. There is no time in this world left for double standards - it has to go.

Thanks
    I believe this is the case. Many think the rules don't apply to them. They pick and choose what they obey, thinking that if they are caught they have some discretion because they are law enforcement. They are too often correct.

Thanks
    Sadly in NYC, this happens every freaking day. I think the ambulance people do it to but I try and give them the benefit of the doubt to believe that they actually are, zooming to a real emergency. The ambulance people I mean.

Thanks
    I see this every time I'm on the road where I live. Another thing that they do here is haul butt passed you on the road, obviously speeding, without their lights on. It seems unfair that they can speed and not get in trouble for it.

Thanks
    Gotta get to the donut shop Mrs. Rogers. Once they get that call that there's only 2 jelly donuts left. It's like "LETS ROLL"! "HIT THE CHERRIES"!

Thanks
    I have witnessed this many time especially on the freeway. It's really annoying and you're right about it being dangerous as well! I hope they stop doing that! It's really irritating when officers start power tripping.

Thanks

Post Police Abuse Running Red Light

I see this almost daily in Chicago area.
    Police Abuse
    ©Badge Abuse Police Abuse