Thanks

City to pay LAPD crash victim's family $6.6 million

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jun...ettle-20120629

It was Lugo's death that spurred LAPD officials to reconsider the way the department investigates serious accidents in which officers are suspected of negligence or other significant misconduct, police officials have said. Prior to the crash, such investigations were treated like misconduct inquiries, but the department now investigates them as it does officer-involved shootings. In shooting inquiries, officers are separated from each other at the scene to avoid collusion, and special teams of detectives spend months gathering evidence and witness testimony. An independent oversight panel ultimately rules on whether the officers' actions were justified.
    I will never even visit Los Angeles nevermind live there.

Thanks
    It's scary to even think now of living in LA. But right now I have no choice but stay here. It's unbelievable how police officers are operating this city.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by difrancprod View Post
    It's scary to even think now of living in LA. But right now I have no choice but stay here. It's unbelievable how police officers are operating this city.
    You have my sympathy, because I quite simply can't imagine living in a location that only now recognizes that running folks down is a problem. LA is like the epicenter of American police BS.

Thanks
    Only folks in L.A. that get any respect are the well-known celebs with major money and pull. They know if they "accidentally" kill one of them, the sh*t will hit the fan. Heads will roll. Seems that's how LAPD operates. I think they know in a city full of blacks and Mexicans, none of them have any real political power so they can do whatever they want and not suffer for it.

Thanks
    Wow, and I thought NY topped LA. Its a shame that some officers do not value human life.

Thanks
    I told ya. Los Angeles cops have decided to live up to their darksider image. L.A. cops have been demonized for Rodney King, the riots, the Biggie murder, and tons of every day stuff. They don't even care about public outreach or image anymore. They've just decided to become "the bad guys". It's a conscious move on their part.