Thanks

Cop with nasty attitude at mall

When I worked at an area mall I witnessed by chance an incident between a cop and a black woman and her child. The cop and the black woman were going at it hot and heavy. I only remember hearing his saying “ I don't care about you. I care whether she gets home OK”. It was really loud and has stuck with me. I mean, are they not supposed to carry about the public in general? What is it with that attitude?

Thanks
    It sounds like the woman was in the process of doing something that would have endangered the kid, in which case I agree with the cop. That said he could have been more professional, but whatevas.

Thanks
    Yeah.... It seems like the cop meant well, but could have used a better choice of words. Unfortunately, sometimes bad choice of words is all it really takes to come back and bite you. I've seen a lot of people have problems develop just because they worded something the wrong way or it got taken the wrong way.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by streakanime View Post
    Yeah.... It seems like the cop meant well, but could have used a better choice of words. Unfortunately, sometimes bad choice of words is all it really takes to come back and bite you. I've seen a lot of people have problems develop just because they worded something the wrong way or it got taken the wrong way.
    Exactly. I mean look how the OP reacted, now imagine if she had that smartphone app and posted that on the net. You know the part that wouldn't include the part that had apparently ticked him off.

Thanks
    The cop probably has all the good intentions but then misinterpreted by his manner of speaking perhaps. He could've dealt it in a more professional way though.

Thanks
    If it was a mall cop. They take their job seriously. Although we all know it's a joke because seriously? A "mall cop"? Policing the mall? Nothing ever happens at the mall beyond every now and then, a group of teens having a brawl. So he was just over-reacting as usual.