Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kidc View Post
    There are in Washington DC (cars) parked on the side of 295
    Oh that's right! Some of my family members live there and my aunt has gotten a few tickets from those LOL. Now they have been there long enough to know the exact spots so she slams on her brakes at the right time and doesn't get tickets anymore

Thanks
    Every Sunday morning the State Troopers sit right in front of an exit that turns off for a really popular church in Clinton, MD. I'm sure they get most of the month's quotas right there every week.

Thanks
    I absolutely hate those damn things! They make me paranoid. In my city they are everywhere. My mother tried to fight a red light ticket and lost. They charged her an additional $75 for losing!! What?! Seriously? I heard in one city, people have not paid those tickets for years. They stopped using the cameras.

Thanks
    $75 for losing? That is outrageous! I saw a story on the news about a guy who has gotten 56 red light camera tickets over the past 8 years and hasn't paid a single one!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KNH View Post
    $75 for losing? That is outrageous! I saw a story on the news about a guy who has gotten 56 red light camera tickets over the past 8 years and hasn't paid a single one!
    And he shouldn't. It just goes to show that the lights are ineffective. I understand the camera at toll booths for people that run those, but lights are ridiculous. Just like the death penalty, it does stop anything.

Thanks
    Was she charged the $75 for the court fees? If you win your case, you don't have to pay, but if you do, then you pay the ticket and possibly court fees.

Thanks
    I know everywhere we go in Kansas city these cameras are everywhere. I do not like living in the city and we are fixing to go back to rural Missouri where you have one flashing light in town in the only intersection.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by classy_ally View Post
    And he shouldn't. It just goes to show that the lights are ineffective.
    Absolutely! Here in New Mexico all of those damn things are apparently not active anymore. I still slam on the brakes when I notice one though...

Thanks
    I have never been ticketed from a red light camera. I try to avoid them, just like I try to avoid school zones.

The last traffic ticket I got, and I usually get one once a decade, was generated from one of those vans.

It was expensive, but I did not lose points. In our state, tickets generated from vans cannot include point loss. The only time you can lose points is if a cop actually writes the ticket.

Do you lose points, too, if you get a ticket generated from a van or red light cameras in your state or do you just draw a fine?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by classy_ally View Post
    I absolutely hate those damn things! They make me paranoid. In my city they are everywhere. My mother tried to fight a red light ticket and lost. They charged her an additional $75 for losing!! What?! Seriously? I heard in one city, people have not paid those tickets for years. They stopped using the cameras.
    The joke is, even if you "win", you still pay court fees. You lose no matter what. It's a bullshit money scam as always. In my city, they are new and programmed horribly. I've been STOPPED at a red light, NO ONE else around, and the thing starts taking 2 or 3 pictures. One time I took a U-turn and one almost blinded me with the flash. Shit is STUPID. What's next? Cameras that check if your pants are saggy?