story

ST. PAUL, Minn. (WCCO) – A shooting in St. Paul Wednesday afternoon sent three males to the hospital, authorities said.

Howie Padilla, of St. Paul Police, said officers responded to a report of a shooting around 3:30 p.m. on the 600 block of Front Street. When officers arrived, they found three males – ages unknown – who had suffered non-life-threatening injuries. The three, whose names have not been released, are recovering at a hospital.

Roy Schultz, who lives near where the shooting took place, said his Border Collie, Rex, charged and barked at a male who was carrying a gun.

“They said, ‘Call your dog,’ and I thought they were going to shoot him,” Schultz said. “And i said, ‘He’s not going to bite, just run.”

Padilla said there are four people either in custody or being questioned by police.

Minnesota is getting more dangerous these days. Which I feel weird saying because it's like, Minnesota. But between St. Paul and Minneapolis, it does seem like it's slightly headed in the wrong direction.