Thanks

One good thing about the Metro (DMV) Police.

I have to say that I do appreciate the enforcement of the no eating and drinking on the Metro. Having lived in both Atlanta and New York for a period of time, it is a blessing. I haven't been to Atlanta in a minute, but from what I've been told, the Marta is going the way of the New York Subways rather than the Metro, even though they tried in the beginning to shut it down. Sitting on a trashy train and a rat filled station is disgusting and unnerving.

Thanks
    I lived in Atlanta for 6 years. I took Marta a lot and in the beginning they didn't allow food in the stations, etc. But now they have put vending machines in the stations. So it's about to get really bad now. They are desperate for money now. I don't know how they will keep it under control.

Thanks
    They won't keep it under control unless they plan to hire more cops. It's something that you have to stop from the beginning. I really think half of the people that have issues with the Metro police are people from New York or maybe Chicago, because NO ONE from the DMV is under the impression that eating on the Metro would be a good idea.

Are there a lot of rats roaming the Marta stations now? That won't help them in trying to expand it into more areas. Who wants a moving trash can available to them?

Thanks
    In New York you can still eat and drink on trains and buses. But these days buses seem to have more left behind trash than the trains. On the trains though, you do see a lot of spills and stuff. But it's gotten better than I remember. Same with buses. I think in general, more people are just picking up behind themselves like they should. Or maybe, the slobs have all bought cars? And don't take the bus/train like they used to?