Thanks

DUIs in Illinois

Hey all,

I do have a complaint against the State of Illinois. Its not really the police as they are just doing what they are told but its the laws and policy makers doing the things that are forcing the police to do it. Its the DUI or Driving Under the Influence laws in Illinois. I totally agree that you shouldn't drive drunk BUT some departments around here are stalking bar patrons to a point where IMO its entrapment. They park outside of bars and wait for people to back out and leave and then they go after them, that to me is wrong. Also if you drink 2 beers in Illinois and drive, get pulled over, you will likely get a DUI.

I don't drink and drive myself but I will admit to a very naughty thing I like to do... during holidays and such, they put up DUI check points, I will close enough where they can see me and then stop and turn around and go the other way LOL!!! They come get me, pull me over and are very upset that they don't find a drunk driver and of course I give them some stupid off the top of my head excuse to why I pulled over and play completely stupid... I just figure that if they are going to screw with people, then I am going to give it back to them

Thoughts?
    Another Admin Forum
    Message Forum Owners Community

Thanks
    I like your style!

Frankly, I think those police check points should be outlawed, along with sting operations. The check points presume guilt, and sting operations allow the police to commit crimes to create crimes, in many circumstances.

Thanks
    That's almost like they are hunting the bar patrons. I don't like the idea of drunk driving at all. Nobody wins in that situation. But everyone that leaves a bar or club isn't drunk.

Thanks
    yeah...Ill is bad....its a broke state...so they go after money makers...sad but true..
    Police Abuse
    ©Badge Abuse Police Abuse

Thanks
    Complicated issue for me. I know some of these checkpoints allow cops to harass people and do sneaky, corrupt things. Depending on the heart of the officer who is doing his job. Whether he's upstanding or not. But then again, the last thing I want is to be walking down the street and lose my life when a ton of metal on wheels comes careening at me with some drunkardo who's too wasted to know that "Grindhouse" is a particular genre of film, and not some new local strip joint... behind the wheel of it.