Hybrid View

Thanks

Thumbs up Basic Harassment...

Some state troopers really are jackasses. I traveled back home to purchase my mothers Cadillac CTS. I was driving it back to Georgia at night. I like to drive at night, there is less traffic. Anyway, I was right outside Longview and I noticed the trooper behind me. No big deal, I wasn't speeding and the vehicle was insured before I even got to Texas. He pulls me over and comes to the passenger side. He asks for the usual stuff and asked me where I was going. I said I'm going back to Georgia. Now this was after a holiday in January. He was all in my business. I told him I was vet and I didn't work that's why I was traveling like this. He pulled me over because the light over my license plate was out! Really? All of sudden he rushes back to his car and comes back with a written warning and goes running back to his car. Apparently, there are real law breakers this ass clown was missing. I guess he assumed I was drug running or something. I was like let me get out of this area.

Thanks
    Written warning? Yeah, depending on what you were driving, you could have looked like a drug runner. Still, that is harassment..

Thanks
    I also saw a section that tells you this area is designed for search drug runners. There is an actual stretch of highway that warns you that you can be stopped just for that purpose. So it has got to be bad.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by classy_ally View Post
    I also saw a section that tells you this area is designed for search drug runners. There is an actual stretch of highway that warns you that you can be stopped just for that purpose. So it has got to be bad.
    OH, It's not that bad. Putting the sign on the road pretty much warns drug runners to take a different route. It also warns innocent drivers that cops have "probable cause" to stop and interrogate them.

The police hope they can stop enough folk to generate revenue over petty problems, like drivers without an insurance cards, or other things the police would never discover without randomly stopping drivers.

Thanks
    Sometimes I think that is their favorite excuse for harassing people though.

Thanks
    some of the troopers here are very cool I must say.
    Police Abuse
    ©Badge Abuse Police Abuse

Thanks
    This type of thing happens all the time. These cops are on a humongous power trip. I had been picketing Hillary's coming here one day and had a run-in with both the Ontario county sheriff and state trooper. When I said that one of them was "lying like a trooper" one state cop told me it was "lying like a truther", whatever that means.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by artifactsofmars View Post
    This type of thing happens all the time. These cops are on a humongous power trip. I had been picketing Hillary's coming here one day and had a run-in with both the Ontario county sheriff and state trooper. When I said that one of them was "lying like a trooper" one state cop told me it was "lying like a truther", whatever that means.
    So why were you picketing Hillary? In Canada?

Thanks
    We know some cops are above the board, but there are those that push the limit. I thought that was the purpose of this forum is to educate about police problems.