Thanks

Cops drag racing

This is a true story from many years ago. I was in Henrietta, New York and at an intersection when I witnessed two Monroe county sheriff's deputies drag racing their vehicles. This was late at night when I saw it.
    The next day, I called the Monroe county sheriff's department to complain. I clearly heard in the background, "Man, I don't need this s---". Expletive is deleted due to foul language. I think I continued with the complaint anyway.

Thanks
    It's late at night, there is no one around, and they have Chargers - of course they're going to drag race. That doesn't make it right, but I'm not really upset since I can't say I wouldn't do the same. The way the states are cutting back their wages, they might as well make up the difference an a non-harmful way.

Thanks
    It was the first i have ever seen of it. I was very concerned with the attitude that I heard. Low pay does not give one a license to be a jerk after all. If they get in an accident it is not usually the cops than get charged. It is the motorist.

Thanks
    Well that's just unfair when they prohibit drag racing at all. But they did it because they probably didn't think they'll be caught, oh the irony when they're in the position to do it. I just hope that more responsible cops rise these days.

Thanks
    Hmm, I just can't find it in me to be all up in arms about this. I mean it could have gone badly, but it didn't and quite frankly the capability of their cars plus the lack of people on the road and the late hour pretty much made it a long shot toward anything happening. Sure, you came by - but obviously nothing happened to you either. I really would have done the same thing given the same circumstances.

Thanks
    Anytime I heard the word "County", I am always suspicious of the cops after work activities. Back in the old days, cops in southern counties would police by day, and ride along with the klan by night. Crazy shyt.

Thanks
    I think if given the chance I might have drag raced as well. I have witnessed police officers drag racing before and when I try to complain about it, I would hear the officers I might have saw in my area were in pursuit of a suspect and the officers are simply doing their jobs. When I witnessed police officers drag racing they were not in pursuit of a suspect. If I see them drag racing now I don't even bother to complain about.

Thanks
    Where they in Chargers or the Crown VIcs? I used to own a Crown Victoria P71 and it sure was fun to floor that giant boat. It's not fast, but still entertaining. It's hard for me to get upset about people having a little fun at work. This is probably pretty harmless.

Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jovan107 View Post
    I think if given the chance I might have drag raced as well. I have witnessed police officers drag racing before and when I try to complain about it, I would hear the officers I might have saw in my area were in pursuit of a suspect and the officers are simply doing their jobs. When I witnessed police officers drag racing they were not in pursuit of a suspect. If I see them drag racing now I don't even bother to complain about.

Anybody with a brain can clearly see they aren't in pursuit of a "suspect". No suspect runs up and down the same street over and over again unless he's mentally retarded. I wonder what excuse they use if a cop dies during one of these unsanctioned drag races. I guess they'll find some local hood to pin it on?