Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Thumbs up Cop lets prisoner go for sex!!

I read this article and I couldn't believe a police officer could be this dumb. Take a read.

Dale L. Tompkins, a 41-year-old former Sheriff’s Department deputy of Tuscola County, was sentenced to 185 days in jail for having sex with a female prisoner on the hood of his police cruiser. He accepted the prisoner’s offer to have sex with her in exchange for letting her go, which are felonies of accepting a bribe and voluntarily letting a prisoner escape punishable with up to 15 years in prison, so getting away with just 6 months behind bars was a pretty good deal for Tompkins.

The event occurred when the woman was arrested in Genessee County on account of a probation violation in Tuscola County, and was handed over to Tompkins to be transported to a jail in Caro. Thanks to the bribe loving cop, she never made it there.

During the ride, the woman offered Tompkins to have sex with him if he lets her escape, and he agreed, receiving oral sex and having intercourse with her on the hood of the car. Tompkins kept his part of the deal and let the woman run away.

While his sentence seems pretty short for a crime of this sort, it’s comforting to know that after being a convicted felon Tompkins won’t be able to work as a police officer in Michigan ever again.

What do you think about this dummy?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to classy_ally For This Useful Post:

Police Abuse (06-27-2012)

Thanks
    I believe this happens more often than not, just not on the hood of cars, but in actual homes of various criminals that should be arrested or at least questioned. Cops will take money from men and sex from women.

Thanks
    This is horrible, but it's true that it happens quite often. I remember a few years back this happened in my home town. The officer pulled a woman over for speeding and then had sex with her on the hood of his car. She of course didn't get a ticket. What's really upsetting about the incident is that this officer had a civil suit filed against him for the same thing a few years before this - in a different jurisdiction. Why on earth would a sheriffs station hire a police officer who had already had a file against him for sexual assault while on duty. It just goes to show that background checks mean nothing anymore. =\

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...ce-force-woman
    Don't eat yellow snow

Thanks
    wow....thats crazy but in lines with what police do
    Police Abuse Forum
    Badge Abuse Police Abuse Forum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danjo View Post
    This is horrible, but it's true that it happens quite often. I remember a few years back this happened in my home town. The officer pulled a woman over for speeding and then had sex with her on the hood of his car. She of course didn't get a ticket. What's really upsetting about the incident is that this officer had a civil suit filed against him for the same thing a few years before this - in a different jurisdiction. Why on earth would a sheriffs station hire a police officer who had already had a file against him for sexual assault while on duty. It just goes to show that background checks mean nothing anymore. =\

Is it actually sexual assault if the person not only consents, but may well have offered in the first place? That doesn't mean he's off the hook, but there is a reason why police man or police men is the common term versus police officer. Its a boy's club you see.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danjo View Post

That is crazy he was still able to do that. What happened to checking backgrounds? That leaves him open to do whatever.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarhill View Post
    I believe this happens more often than not, just not on the hood of cars, but in actual homes of various criminals that should be arrested or at least questioned. Cops will take money from men and sex from women.
    I agree most cops are dirty, and I can see a lot of them letting girls walk away for free to get sex from women. Cops would also confiscate drugs and keep it for themselves.

Thanks
    this is a post I found....this is how I feel to the letter....

Almost everyday I hear some news story or read a thread about our current police state and abuse of power. Whenever someone mentions the corruption and abuses that are so obviously rampant in the Law Enforcement Community throughout the USA, someone will inevidently rush to defend the behavior of the bad guys in blue. People will always say how so and so officer is the "exception" instead of the rule regarding the conduct of LEOs.

I am really beginning to think that it is the opposite, that the honorable officers are the exception and the abusive ones are the rule. This seems ever so apparant with the live streaming and mobile video techology available today.

I fully realize that sound bites and snips of video do not always tell the whole story. Arrests are violent and unpleasant, but some officers are obviously overzealous in their jobs and go a little too far.
    Police Abuse
    ©Badge Abuse Police Abuse

Thanks
    code242 I think you might have posted this in the wrong thread. This is maybe for the one about cops using Youtube?

Thanks
    It did not say how he got caught. How do they know that he had sex with her unless he told somebody? It does not seem likely that he would. I am am little confused by this story to tell you the truth and I am wondering about the story. Something does not sound right here. I mean if she ran away she would be unlikely to crawl to the police to tell them about this.