Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Arrow What major American city has the most corrupt police force?

Of all the major U.S. cities like New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, etc. Which major city do you think has the most corrupt police force? Another city? Or is your city the worst? I think the L.A.P.D. are the most corrupt. Followed closely by N.Y.P.D. and Las Vegas P.D.

Thanks
    I would say New York....
    Police Abuse
    ©Badge Abuse Police Abuse

Thanks
    1 New York
    2 LA
    3 Chicago

Thanks
    I put L.A.P.D. above NYPD in my original post because of the Rodney King incident. That just became a huge story and led to another huge story. The riots. The NYPD has had things caught on tape and huge scandals. But they never reached the level that Rodney King did. Rodney King had a domino effect on one major american city for months on end. And even now 15 years later people still talk about those riots.

Thanks
    New York. They managed to get that crazy "stop and frisk" policy instituted. They basically have a blank check to harass whoever the want for no good reason.

Thanks
    I would have to say New York is the most corrupt police force in America. LAPD and NEWARK PD are second and third. I understand the effects the riots has had on Los Angeles, but so many things occur in New York in regards to the NYPD that goes unreported by the media.

Thanks

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by jovan107 View Post
    I would have to say New York is the most corrupt police force in America. LAPD and NEWARK PD are second and third. I understand the effects the riots has had on Los Angeles, but so many things occur in New York in regards to the NYPD that goes unreported by the media.

That's true. Like when Bernard Kerrik was in charge. And the media broke that news scandal about him using rent controlled apartments for nefarious activities. Some of his officers were involved as well. But the NYPD culture of corruption will always go mostly unreported because the folks in New York would rather be "safe" than ruffle feathers. Plus a lot of people are married to or friends with or related to NYPD officers. So you know how that goes.

Thanks
    Historically, cities like New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago have had the most cases of corruption on the police force. I came across an interesting article, it's called "The Top 5 Most Corrupt U.S. Police Officers of All Time."

On the list are 2 former Chicago cops, 1 from LA, 1 from NY, and 1 from New Orleans. These were corrupt cops who were dealing drugs, working for the mob, and torturing minorities. A corrupt cop takes evil to another level because not only is he not upholding the law, but he is breaking the law in extremely violent and furtive ways.

Thanks
    Cops working for the mob in NYC and Chicago is no surprise. That's been going on for awhile. Oddly enough though. Lots of minority cops in L.A. were on the payroll of gangs like the Crips, Bloods, etc. They'd even do security for major gang leaders sometimes. Which is why I think in L.A, the Biggie/Tupac murders were never and will never be solved. New Orleans problem with police corruption was revealed to the public during hurricane Katrina, when cops were just shooting people dead in some cases.

Thanks
    LA is most corrupt because they have a habit of accidently on purpose murdering people or attacking them or doing a number of other unfortunate activities with little concern for the health or life of others.

NYC comes next because they have been given much too much power by folks like Guliani.

The last would be the in ATL because screw those guys.