Thanks

Police Abuse in Foreign Countries!

I grew up in Guyana, South America and police abuse was very common and widespread. Most times police officers would harass people to receive a money or items for free. I have seen police torture people who were innocent and even dragged a few of those people until they died. Are any of you aware of police abuse in foreign countries and have you witnessed this?

Thanks
    There is police brutality in some African Countries that would simply make the brutality in America a joke. Some countries are actually governed by police and they are even used by powerful politicians to harass opponents

Thanks
    Jatelo2, I agree. I think some police officers use their authority to kill and harass innocent people and its not right, no matter where in the world it occurs. Sometimes I wonder if these police officers realize they're human first before putting on their uniforms.

Thanks
    No doubt about it, police abuse is a worldwide problem. Sadly, we can hardly stop it in our own backyards here in America, it seems impossible to do the same in foreign countries.

Thanks
    In Latin America it's pretty bad. But I think Russia is the worst. Not only is there police abuse! Particularly towards African and Asian immigrants. But the cops don't even investigate a lot of murders that take place in Russia unless the person murdered is Kremlin connected, an important business person, or one of the ultra wealthy. If you're just regular Russian Joe Schmoe, your death will most likely just happen. Be reported, but never investigated to the point of an arrest.